Terms & Conditions
The use of “we”, “us” and “our” in these terms and conditions refers specifically to Meet The Candidates, its services, related entities and companies
and authorised persons.
Your contribution and access to the website is provided subject to these terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to amend this notice at any time and your use of this website after any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound
by these terms and conditions as amended. We recommend you read these terms and conditions regularly.
It is important for you to understand that we encourage our members to utilise the service and its forum to express their opinions and make
comment on issues that are important to them. This means you may encounter opinions that are different from yours, which may lead to important,
robust conversations about difficult topics. You are also likely to encounter people who have very strong, passionate views, opinions and positions
that will differ from yours and you must at all times respect their views, opinions and positions, as they are asked to respect yours.
To balance the needs of our diverse communities we may remove certain types of sensitive, objectionable and/or inappropriate content.
If you are demonstrating your disrespect for others views, opinions and positions or are contributing false, misleading, fraudulent, deceptive,
discriminatory, threatening, harassing or defamatory claims or content we may refuse or restrict any future use of our services to you.
We enable you to connect with others on Meet The Candidates forum and we stipulate that you must use your real name to make the community of forum
members more accountable.
If we discover you are using a false identity or you have multiple profiles, we will remove any additional candidate or forum profiles you hold,
or that impersonate others and may refuse or restrict any future use of our services to you.
Access to the site
1. You must become a member in order to access the services on this website.
2. There are two types of membership categories to the site.
2.1. Candidate member provides people who have nominated as a candidate to list their public profile and interact with voters on the forum.
2.1.1. Any person who is eligible to run for candidacy and has fulfilled the requirements of office as stated by each state/federal electoral
office is eligible for membership as a Candidate.
2.1.2. Candidate membership is a paid membership and provides the candidate access to paid services including candidate profile that is not
available to free forum members.
2.2. Forum members are other people who are and Australian or New Zealand resident, over the age of 18 and registered to vote and are therefore
eligible for membership to the forum.
2.2.1. Forum membership is free and provides forum members access to the
3. Membership registration requires you to provide specific information as set out in the respective registration page to create a profile.
As Candidate or Forum member of the website you agree to:
4. Ensure that your Membership Profile being created is under your own name and has been created by you, or your authorised representative
for the sole purpose of advertising your candidate profile.
4.1. You must not mislead others into thinking that the profile you, or your representative creates is a profile of another person.
4.2. That if you have paid for a candidate profile, this fee is a fixed fee irrespective of the time period your candidate profile is public.
4.3. You will not create more than one profile on the site.
4.4. Ensure that the information you provide is true and correct is not misleading and does not violate any other person’s rights.
4.5. Ensure that the registration details including your name, email address and drivers license number are true and correct at all times and
you undertake to update your details when they change.
4.6. Ensure that your profile picture is no more than 12 months old and accurately represents you.
4.7. Ensure that any sensitive information as defined by the Privacy Act 1988 and provided by you and made public by you is at your own risk.
4.8. That you will not expose any sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act 1988) of another person without their express written
Sensitive information includes any personal information such as:
4.8.1. health (including predictive genetic information)
4.8.2. racial or ethnic origin
4.8.3. political opinions
4.8.4. membership of a political association, professional or trade association or trade union
4.8.5. religious beliefs or affiliations
4.8.6. philosophical beliefs
4.8.7. sexual orientation or practices
4.8.8. criminal record
4.8.9. biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes
4.8.10. biometric templates.
5. Comply with decisions we make to unpublish or archive your candidate profile in accordance with advertising legislation set by State or
Federal Electoral Commissions, or other related entities.
6. You will not contribute any sensitive information including personal details of themselves and others that is not publicly known information,
and can be proven to be publicly known information.
7. Keep your log-in details and password secure. This includes ensuring that you logout on any public computer to restrict unauthorised access
to your profile.
8. You are solely responsible for all and any content you contribute to the service.
9. You will respect other people’s opinions, views or positions and not disparage or demonstrate disrespect for their opinions, views or positions.
Similarly we ask others to respect your opinions, views and positions.
10. You will not engage in any activity that seeks to damage or disparage another person, be they a member of the site or not.
11. You provide us with an undertaking that the content you contribute does not infringe the rights of someone else and that it does not violate
the law in any other way including contributing false, misleading, fraudulent, deceptive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing or defamatory
claims or content.
12. Advise us immediately of any content you find offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable that you may encounter
on the service.
13. We hold no claim to the content you contribute and the Intellectual Property for the content remains your property.
14. Not to use any data mining robots or data extraction tools. We do not permit you to link from or mirror our website without prior written
15. Ensure that any and all hyperlinks and video embed codes provided by you are accurate and correct.
16. To receive updates to the service as part of your use of the service. We may from time to time update the service to improve, enhance and
further develop the Service.
Breach of terms and conditions
We reserve the right to:
17. Suspend and/or terminate your membership at any time if there are grounds to believe you have breached these terms and conditions.
18. Investigate claims of multiple or false membership accounts and will undertake independent investigation into the validity of a persons
identity and will use any and all such measures to validate the membership profile belongs to a real person including internet research and
requesting further personal details from the owner of the profile.
19. Suspended and/or Terminated memberships will not be eligible for a refund as the remaining fee will be used to offset some of the additional
administration costs relating to the suspension and/or termination of the account.
20. Refuse to provide you with access to the service, or restrict your access to the service.
21. Refuse or remove any content that does not comply with these terms and conditions.
22. Make reports, or comply with orders from authorities relating to any content contributed by you that we, or other users of the service
consider false, misleading, fraudulent, deceptive, sexist, racist, threatening or defamatory.
23. If you believe content has been removed or your profile has been suspended and/or terminated by error, we will provide you with the opportunity
to appeal this decision.
24. The copyright to all content that has been created by us, including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have
a licence to use those materials.
25. All trade marks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on this website are either owned
by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in
any commercial way without our prior written permission.
27. Whilst we take all due care in providing our Services, we do not provide any warranty either express or implied including without limitation
warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
28. To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is excluded.
29. We also take all due care in ensuring that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible
for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
Limitation of Liability
30. To the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition is limited to the supply of the Service
again or payment of the costs of having those Services supplied again.
31. We accept no liability for any loss whatsoever including consequential loss suffered by you arising from Services we have supplied.
32. That you use the site at your own risk and agree and understand that we:
32.1. Have expended every effort in undertaking our duty of care in full to ensure the site is bug free and safe using the most up-to-date
32.2. Provide Meet The Candidates as is without any expressed or implied warranties.
32.3. Do not guarantee that Meet The Candidates will always be safe, secure or error free or that Meet The Candidates will always function
without disruptions, delays or imperfections, even though it will always be in our best interests to provide the best service possible.
33. That we are not responsible for any content on the site that you may find offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable
and that we have undertaken our duty of care in full by taking immediate action investigating any such claims.
34. As a member, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all liability, claim, action, demand, loss, costs including legal
costs on a full indemnity basis and expenses of any kind arising out of, or in connection with any content you provide or that may arise from
your negligence, unintentional or intentional acts.
35. To the extent permitted by law, you release and discharge us from any liability or claim arising out of any loss or damage that may be
suffered or incurred as a result of your use of our Service.
36. These terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of NSW, Australia and any claim made by either
party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in NSW, Australia and you agree to submit to
the jurisdiction of those Courts.
37. If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as
necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted
from these terms and conditions and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.